Pumpkin Cookies Submitted by Colleen E. Garrigan, California
“I make these cookies for every class. Everyone loves them and asks for the recipe!”
1 cup canned pumpkin
½ cup non hydrogenated vegetable shortening
½ cup sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 drops doTERRA Cinnamon essential oil
2 drops doTERRA Ginger essential oil
1 drop doTERRA Clove Bud essential oil
1½ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup oat flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
Optional: 1 cup pumpkin seeds
Tip: Make your own oat flour by tossing oats in a food processor or blender.
- Reduce pumpkin by placing in a saucepan over medium heat for 30–45 minutes. Stir often until pumpkin has reduced to ½ cup. Set aside to cool.
- Cream together shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in cooled pumpkin, vanilla, and doTERRA oils.
- Sift remaining dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls. Place onto baking sheets. Flatten tops with a spoon. Arrange a few pumpkin seeds in the center as garnish.
- Bake 10–12 minutes. Let stand on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
- Clove Bud